Meeting Minutes 2/21/19

Moderator: Lacey
Co-Moderator: Andira
Note taker: Larry
Also attending: Emily, Tammy, Scott, Bob, Marzipan, Kyle, Frankie, Tara

AGENDA:
—Mini Do – cut out mini labels for buttons.
—Food for Meeting – Andira – 10 minutes
—Heartland Pride Parade & Festival – Bob – 15 minutes. Does CR want to participate in Heartland Pride ? A booth? Parade entry? Monetary sponsorship? See post in ‘Discussion’
—CR Mission & values discussion – Andira – 30 min

AGENDA:
—Mini Do – cut out mini labels for buttons.
An entire sheet of labels was cut out by helpers around the meeting table. Also CR Volunteer Name Buttons were made for Marzipan and Alexa. Thanks all helpers!

—Food for Meeting – Andira – 10 minutes
Suggested using some CR funds to provide snacks/food for CR meetings.
Discussion about making sure to accommodate Vegan diets, also things like Wheat or nut sensitivity.
Suggested 10 or 15 dollars to start with and see if that’s too much or too little.
Voted and passed Unanimously.
Andira is going to bring food for the next meeting. Will do poll for future Meetings and rotate volunteers to provide snacks. 

—Heartland Pride Parade & Festival – Bob – 15 minutes. Does CR want to participate in Heartland Pride? A booth? Parade entry? Monetary sponsorship? See post in ‘Discussion’
Mars has expressed interest to volunteer. Some concerns because it’s in Omaha and we did it once before and didn’t get much in the way of new visitors or volunteers. We did sell a great deal of buttons and merch. HP is a very commercial focus. We’re worried about getting no benefit as it’s felt people generally come to Lincoln from Omaha for events. Possibly spend our time and efforts into Star City Pride. Maybe focus on Lincoln. Possibly do a $250 ad in the program. Possibly have an entry in the parade as that would be less of a time obligation and had several volunteers interested.
More discussion to come.

—CR Mission & values discussion – Andira – 30 min
Andira has made notes on our current Mission statement. Also got some from Abby at OutNE.
Discussion of removing the part about being a 401c3. Good points both ways. Wanting to maybe cut down the size of the Mission Statement. Maybe removing ‘with resources’. Taking a vote about updating the MS. Voted to remove 401c3 but retain ‘with resources’ at this time.
Adding ‘Community operated’ or ‘all volunteer’ or community directed.
Need to add ‘Free Culture’ and/or ‘Accessible.’ Or Openness.
Values Section. Not straightforward, but that’s good. It is open to the individual’s interpretation. May want to specify ‘Intersectionality.’ A good legal word that combines race and sexuality.
What we do section. We will discuss further.
Maybe need to have a new draft for next discussion. 

— Donna planning to go to Credit Union. Bob – 1 min
Going to the CU on Friday to get full access.

–PA system – Larry 10 minutes Larry
Several people expressed conditional approval for the basic unit proposed at last meeting.
Wanted to see the details again and perhaps do a vote in the Organizing Group.
Current Page: https://smile.amazon.com/ION-Audio-Tailgater-Plus-Rechargeable/dp/B07C2GYJ1V/ref=pd_ybh_a_6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=AW8414F3YY5QKQTVSV8H

Agenda items for next meeting, March 7th
30 minutes for Mission statement Andira
Food issues for next meeting Andira 5 minutes
2 minutes for April calendar. Lacey
Protest at chick-fil-a. 5 minutes? Mars
Vote for PA system. (If needed) 5 minutes Larry
Heartland Pride in Omaha, 10 minutes, Bob

__________________________________
VOTING QUORUM – 1 Board Member, 1 Keyholder, 1 member of the CR fb organizational group, 1 Other attendee.

The next CR Meeting will be Thursday, March. 7th from 7:30 – 9pm

Common Root Admin